Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Autumn Days and Nights!

Katie and I took Claire to the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point. It was a huge event mostly for 3-10 year olds. It was difficult for Claire to climb up the inflatibles, but Katie helped her and she had a mixed reaction to the ride down!

She refused to go into the haunted house but liked blowing bubbles from the witches' caldron.


On October 29th, we hosted a dinner for 30 people. I could not have done it without my crew of professional servers; Louisa, Liz, Katie Crosby and my Katie. I can't believe how grown up they all are!



Claire really got into Halloween this year. She loved giving out candy at the door and when Katie and Abby took her trick or treating, she wanted to keep going. It was fun having Abby and Patrick down for the evening, too! We had over 350 trick or treaters and ran out of candy about 8:30, turned out all the lights and moved upstairs.

Here are our girls, Vampire Abby, Ladybug Claire and Tyranosaurus Rex Kate


Katie had to be careful not to "wrecks" too much with her swooshy tail. It also reminded me of Michael's joke, "Why are Tyranosaurus Rex's so grumpy?" "Because they can't give anyone a hug!"






1 comment:

  1. I love that joke! I'll have to teach that one to Benjamin. Katie makes a beautiful Tyrannosaurus Rex. And that picture of Katie and Claire on the slide is priceless. I remember Halloweens with Claire. So fun!

    ReplyDelete